does Fedora need Google search logic?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 20:47:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 22:29:18 +0200
Valent Turkovic wrote:

> We need some king of google logic that would sort package search results.

I've always thought the descriptions of all the packages
should be on a nice public website somewhere where google
would simply wind up indexing them, and then you could use
a site: modifier to do a normal google search to find the
names of packages you want (maybe that is already the case,
but I don't know site: modifier to use).

Then we just teach tools like yum to send the search to google :-).