selinux throwing incomprehensible errors when trying to run GoogleEarth (Solved, sort of)

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Wed Jul 28 04:15:07 UTC 2010

Dan Walsh's suggestions took care of the Selinux problem. The
second problem had to do with running x64 - Google is aware of the
issue and this page goes into it:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/earth/thread?tid=314c37c583d3ba62&hl=en

Some have gotten successful performance by installing the 32-bit
xorg-x11-drv 32 bit libs for their video card. In my case,
installing the 32-bit libs finally allowed GoogleEarth to open,
but the performance was hyper-sluggish and unusable and the
program eventually just froze - on my system, I'm running the
proprietary nVidia 195.36.31 driver with a  G72 [GeForce 7300
SE/7200 GS] (rev a1) video card (not too dissimilar to setups that
folks claimed sucess with on the above page)

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA