Thinkpad A22p/Improper Video on Install

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 29 03:22:37 UTC 2010

JB wrote:
> James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 <at> earthlink.net> writes:
>

>> STOOPID question time from a long time Linux/UNIX sysadmin:
>>
>> How do I select the VESA video driver at the wonderful install screen?
>>
>> I don't readily see the ability to do this.  Maybe I'm missing something.
>>
>> If it's in the docs, give me a section, I can read it myself and is a 'best
>>
> left as an exercise for the student' :)
>
>> James McKenzie
>>

> Hi,
> is that what you are asking about ?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F13_bugs
> 5 Hardware-related issues.
> Miscellaneous graphical problems.
> To use the vesa driver during installation, ...

Followed the instructions, but the screen is still not correct when
trying to use the Live CD for FC13.
I added the xdriver=vesa nomodeset kernel variables to the end of the
line (which was long enough.)  Should I be placing them somewhere else
in the line.  The FAQ states to add them.

I'll try booting with Disk 1 and see what happens. (It did work for FC9
but Disk 2 was corrupt as well as Disk 4.)

James McKenzie