fedora power management not working in f13

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Jul 29 10:47:41 UTC 2010

JB wrote:

>> The home directory is
>> shared between the two boots, so the configuration is the same.
>>
> Well,
> that may be the problem ...
> Unless you really have a specific reason to have a common home dir,
> I think you are asking for more or less unpredictability with both
> installations (even if they are f12 and f13 distros). You are going
> backwards and forwards (f12, f13) with your home configuration files.

I completely disagree.
It is far more sensible to have /home on a separate partition.
It is up to Fedora to make sure that any config files
that it (she?) places in /home are properly updated
during installation of a new distribution.

I must say I have had no problem of this kind
with recent Fedora distributions.