SE Linux issue: "Error checking policy version." (sealert -s)

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:45:13 UTC 2010

When I start the SE Linux Troubleshooter, it does not display any
alerts and the following error appears at the bottom of the window;

Error checking policy version.

I don't see a bug on this in bugzilla, at least that I can find, and
the tool seems to be working for a friend of mine.  I've ensured I
have all available patches installed and I have done an auto-relabel
reboot:

# touch /.autorelabel
# reboot

without any change in status.  Does anyone have any ideas what may be
causing this?

Thank you.

--
Chris