fedora power management not working in f13

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Thu Jul 29 22:16:06 UTC 2010

On 07/29/2010 01:17 AM, Chris Rouch wrote:
> I think this was working for f13 too until the last time i applied
> updates, though it may just be that i didn't test it.

The first thing you should try is probably to boot the oldest F13 kernel
that you've got and see if the system's behavior is any different.

On both the older kernel and the new one, check the state of your batteries:

$ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT*/state

Record the results while you are on AC power and on battery power.
There may be an ACPI bug in your system.  You might also want to update
the BIOS to see if that corrects the problem.