F9: [unsupported] rt2870 now works, but requires restarting named & httpd after (re)boot?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Jul 30 14:36:22 UTC 2010

First, I know F9 is no longer supported, but wanted to
ask if there is a workaround to this problem.

I finally got rt2870 to work on F9, however, I noticed
during a reboot, httpd complained that it could not find
the host's domain, so it chose 127.0.0.1, and secondly
named responded only to localhost queries. I discovered
that restarting named and httpd, in that order, after a
reboot, restored normalcy.  The key issue seems to be
that named is not properly started before services? Or
perhaps amanda and/or dnsmasq is interfering with
named?

Is there a fix or a workaround for this issue?

Thanks-