Thinkpad A22p/Improper Video on Install

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jul 31 12:17:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-31 at 03:24 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> There have been a lot of [r]evolutionary changes and extinctions
> between F8 and F13. There's no guarantee that you'll be able to jump
> over so many major versions without having an upgrade go "Huh?" and
> tumble into dependency hell. It won't hurt to try and fail.

It probably /will/ be painful to go through.

If I were faced with being unable to get the current release to install,
I might try the previous release, or maybe even the one before that, as
part of a debugging exercise.  But I wouldn't go back as far as Fedora
8.  It's truly ancient, by now.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686