firefox bug (fedora or mozilla?)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jul 31 13:08:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 15:36 -0700, Mike Wright wrote:
>    <iframe id="tocframe" class="toc" src="./toc.html">
>      This is an iframe, to view it upgrade
>      your browser or enable iframe display.
>    </iframe>
>
> The rendering problems I mentioned previously all involved <iframes/>.
> I've never found anything using edit->preferences that has anything to
> do with <iframes/>.

The /enable it/ instruction, is a generic instruction that many web
authors just bung between the iframe tags, without thinking about what
they're doing.  A better idea would have been for the page to *include*
the table of contents, or other links, in there; so that without the
iframe, someone could still navigate the page.

Some browsers have options for iframe rendering, but not all of them.
Firefox has an about:config option for frames, in general.  And some
filtering proxies have options for filtering out iframes, too.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.