Still no kmod for new nvidia

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Jul 31 17:18:16 UTC 2010

James Mckenzie wrote:

> Was there a shift with FC10 to remove the old drivers or was there an external threat (lawsuit)?

No, I think the blame lies on Xorg, I'm told that the changes were major, and
like any virtual monopoly the changes were made with the expectation that if you
wanted to use X you would adapt or die.

In retrospect that probably hurt Linux, people found they couldn't upgrade to
get security fixes in Linux at the same time MSFT released Win7, which honestly
must be better because I don't hear people telling me it crashes all the time.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>