Still no kmod for new nvidia

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Jul 31 19:59:15 UTC 2010

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 15:00:39 -0400,
>   Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>
>> Given the reality, that users bought computers which Linux supported
>> only a few years ago, and in some cases paid extra to get computers
>> which ran Linux, it really sends a message to have that hardware become
>> unsupported two years later. Thanks guys. Hand MSFT a big bag of FUD
>> about "will Linux even run on your computer by the time it's depreciated
>> or paid for?" Sadly, for once it's true. :-(
>>

> Regressions suck. If avoiding them was my highest priority I wouldn't be
> running Fedora. 3D using open source drivers has never really been good.
> (And using proprietary drivers has always had its own kind of suck.)

I'm not talking 3D, I'm talking using a gnome-terminal, viewing a few
640x480 15fps security files from the motion sensing camera, etc.Worked
in FC9. Not interesting, not sexy, etc. You worry about 3D being good, I
worry about X working. At all.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
  "We can't solve today's problems by using the same thinking we