How to recover printers on fresh install

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 01:35:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, 31 May 2010 21:21:15 -0400
Genes MailLists wrote:

>   The info is somewhere - surely there must be a bunch of files we can
> copy off the backup ?

That printers.conf file plus the contents of the /etc/cups/ppd directory
may be all you need to copy, but that assumes the old ppd files
and wot-not are compatible, your mileage may vary with that :-).

(Tim Waugh would know more than me if this is all you need, but
certainly when I define a new printer, the only things I've noticed
changing are the addition of a ppd file and another printer
added to printers.conf).