Unwanted space preceeding cursor in Konsole

Steven P. Ulrick lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Wed Jun 2 01:03:27 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone
I have recently received an unwanted space before the cursor in Konsole.  There
is also some "corruption" of the fonts as one moves the cursor over text that is
on the command line:
1. I have a script called "UpdateGeeqie"
2. Open up "konsole"
3. After the normal "[steve at localhost ~]$" there is a space and then the cursor.
4.  If I just type "UpdateGeeqie" it types as expected, except there is that
space after the last letter, then the cursor.
5. If I use tab completion, it goes like this: "Update "
6. If I then hit tab again, I get a list of other scripts that start with the
word "Update"  This is as expected.
7. But, if I hit backspace, "Update" becomes "Updat"
8. If I let it complete to "UpdateGeeqie" I get two "spaces" at the end.  Of
course the one is the normal one that you get when there are no more matching
commands.

I think that I have read something about this before.  I have certainly never
had it happen before, and I was not able to find anything about it through
Google.  I have a feeling that this might end up being a really embaressing
one...

As you may already know from other threads of mine, I am now running the
rpmfusion nVidia driver.  All this started after I got that running.  I do not
currently have any desktop effects enabled in my user account.

I even tried creating a new user, and it does it with a new user as well...

Almost forgot: xterm and gnome-terminal do not exhibit this behavior.  Only
Konsole on KDE 4.4.3 (from the Fedora repo.)

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Steven P. Ulrick