Removing/Cemsoring bad Fedora mirrors?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Jun 2 18:16:11 UTC 2010

I have in the past, complained of hanging yum
updates and over time, I finally realized that
there are such things as bad mirrors, and for some
reason or another, causes yum to hang indefinately.

One would think that yum can detect "hangs" and
move on to the next mirror to pick up the slack,
but this is not the case, or so I am led to believe...

Yes, I can add the bad mirror(s) to the fastestmirror.conf
in Yum's pluginconf.d directory, but then again,
why isn't it that these bad mirrors are being removed
for misbehaving?

For those who do manage mirror lists, the specific mirror
in question is: "web-ster.com"

Kind regards,
Dan