screen res problem

David Ocame docame at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 2 20:28:55 UTC 2010

Hi all, I've been using Fedora since the FC7 release a long time ago. This past weekend, I upgraded to F13 from F11 (I know, I skipped one). The upgrade went generally well, except for one problem: It won't detect my monitor. In monitors, I am seeing only "Unknown Monitor" and the highest res offered is 1024x768, making everything gigantic.

My monitor is one I've used throughout the last several releases of Fedora. It is a I-INC iH252 HDMI 24 inch diag. I am using standard input, no hi def or anything fancy.

Another thing I've noticed is that during the upgrade (it was an upgrade, not a wipe clean and install new), Gnome was installed as the desktop rather than KDE. Now, I don't claim to know the difference between the 2. But, I've always used KDE. In System>Admin>add/remove software, I have tried installing KDE   and removing Gnome  to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

 ***********************************
****I'm not dead, yet!************
***********************************

Dave Ocame, WS1ETI
Awards Chair
The SETILeague, Inc
www.setileague.org

Stony Creek Observatory
FN31og
-72.834 longitude
41.272 latitude
Member: The SETILeague, Inc.,
The Society for Amateur Radio Astronomy (SARA) and,
The International Trumpet Guild