fnfx trouble on Toshiba

Yogesh yogeshp08 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 01:05:24 UTC 2010

I have very recently migrated to Fedora from Windows. I have installed it on
my Toshiba L505-S5971 laptop.
I installed fnfx after reading about it in some forum. That went fine.

Now with every boot I get the following message.

Starting fnfxd: modprobe: FATAL: Error inserting toshiba_acpi
No such device

FnFX Daemon v0.3 (c) 2003, 2004 Timo Hoenig <thoenig at nouse.net>

fatal error: Could open /proc/acpi/toshiba/keys.

Please make sure that your kernel has enabled the Toshiba option in the ACPI
For more information read the documentation and/or

Currently, the hotkeys are not working. Also, I guess, there is not control
over the CPU fan. It is being used heavily and all the time. It makes noise.

Can someone help me with this? How should I go about this?