FC13, Installing 32 bit Libs on a 64 bit box

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 18:23:12 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 01:44 PM, Jim wrote:
> On 06/03/2010 01:10 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

>>> I can understand that , but I don't know the names of all the lib.i686
>>> files.
>>>
>> $ repoquery \*lib\*i686\*
>>
>> (repoquery is from yum-utils, in case you don't have it)
>>
>> poc
>>

> Yeah that does give you all the Libs , but also picks out all the
> *-devel packages to.
> I don't see the need for having a lot Devel files installed.

You could get a list of all libs currently installed on your system with:
rpm -qa |grep "lib.*

You could output that to a file, do a global find-replace of
s/x86_64/i686/
and then pipe all of that into yum install.

Though I agree, it probably would be a nice feature to add something
like "--all-multilib" to yum, so that it would automatically pull in
both multilib versions of anything you [had] installed.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Delivering value year after year.