Fwd: Fedora Weekly News 228

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jun 3 19:56:09 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 04:59 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 03/06/10 09:44, g wrote:
>
>> Frank Murphy wrote:
>>
>>> Hope nobody Minds.
>>>
>>> Frank
>>>
>> hi frank,
>>
>> not at all.
>>
>> i get fwn, too.
>>
>> i was going to forward it also.
>>
>> but i thought about snipping it down to what might be pertinent to recent
>> events. :D
>>

> I'll let you do it then?,
> as your shears may be better than mine.

I could see how some would object and I could see several reasons why it
is a not so good idea.

1.  Having an informal method of forwarding messages from other lists
could lead to multiple people deciding to forward the same and
additional messages from other lists that they feel are "useful".  All
potentially causing "list pollution".  So, it should be discouraged.

2.  Forwarding edited messages could result in portions being removed
that some would find useful.  (Why does the person forwarding get to
decide what is "important"?)

3.  Forwarding weekly/monthly messages in a manual way should include
the commitment to do it long term and without delay.  e.g. no delayed
forwarding because one is "on vacation".

It doesn't bother me too much since I would just ignore it.  Generally,
I do prefer to get only messages from lists to which I've subscribed.
Besides, this is only being done as a knee-jerk reaction to recent events.

--
Knock, knock! Who's there? Sam and Janet. Sam and Janet who? Sam and
Janet Evening... 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段