Network Speed issues on Fedora 12

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 4 03:48:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 19:42 -0700, alan wrote:
> I have a couple of systems with gigabit ethernet cards. If I copy a
> large quantity of data to the machine I notice the data throughput
> start to fall off after about 4-5 gigs. It keeps getting slower and
> slower the more data that flows through the interface.

Mention the actual speeds and type of drive hardware.  Perhaps there's a
caching issue that boosts apparent throughput at the start, then when
you empty the cache, you're slowed down to the throughput speed of the
drive.

I remember that when the first high speed UDMA hard drives came out.
People went "wow, 66 megabits a second."  Then found out only the first
burst came out that fast, the rest was slower.  Much slower.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.