gtk stock icons missing

N James Bridge james at xmas.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 12:49:20 UTC 2010

I don't know if this is a fedora problem or a gtk one...

I have been writing some short gtk programs, as a learning exercise. So
far as I can see, I should be able to add items from stock, but the
images are missing and all I get are the default items as mnemonics. I
have attached a short example. It compiles with:
gcc  stock.c `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0 --libs gtk+-2.0`

It seems that gtk can't find the directory with the images. The files
needed seem to be in /usr/share/icons/gnome and show up in the gtk-demo
program. However, Glade buttons selected from stock do not have the
icons either.

Any suggestions most welcome!
--
N James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk>