Fwd: Fedora Weekly News 228

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jun 4 14:17:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 21:18 -0700, Alan Evans wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
> > like Gene you have assumed that Máirín is a woman and I
> > can't imagine any greater testimony to your arrogance and insensitivity
> > of others but keep trying.
>
> Not that I think that sex has any substantive relevance at all here,
> but I'm pretty sure that Máirín is, in fact, a woman:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MairinDuffy
>
> I don't think that making this assumption is in any way arrogant or
> insensitive, however irrelevant it is.
----
oh yes it is - there are never assertions about gender if one thinks it
is a man but the whole infusion of gender into the discussion was
intentionally condescending, dismissive and arrogant. Then to drive home
his sexist point, he asserted that her design was better suited to
'Ladies Home Journal' and one would have to be entirely blind to miss
the use of gender as a means to belittle.

Now I recognize that both George and Gene are over 60 year old American
males who cannot transcend their frame of references but they really
should know better by now.

Craig

believed to be clean.