Managing debuginfo repos and packages

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 00:40:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

I recently installed debuginfo packages for glibc and gcc with
debuginfo-install. It pulled in yum-plugin-auto-update-debug-info.

This enables the debuginfo repos for _all_ repos. And now every time I
use a yum command, it spits out messages like this,

> Found 2 installed debuginfo package(s)
> Enabling fedora-debuginfo: Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Debug
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Enabling rpmfusion-nonfree-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree - Debug
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Enabling livna-debuginfo: rpm.livna.org for 13 - x86_64 - Debug
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Enabling rpmfusion-free-updates-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free - Updates Debug
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Enabling rpmfusion-free-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Free - Debug
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Enabling updates-debuginfo: Fedora 13 - x86_64 - Updates - Debug
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Enabling rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-debuginfo: RPM Fusion for Fedora 13 - Nonfree - Updates Debug

I would like to keep this auto update feature of debuginfo packages, but
is there someway I could tell the plugin not to enable the debuginfo
repos for all repositories, just the ones with installed debuginfo packages?

Neither does this plugin come with a man page nor does it say anything
under "Plugin Options:" in the output of `yum --help'. These messages
can become quite annoying when you see them every single time. :-\

Thanks for any pointers.

--
Suvayu