How do I associate *.jnlp files to Java Webstart (javaws) on GNOME?

Andre Costa blueser at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 15:37:09 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 10:30, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/06/10 14:04, Andre Costa wrote:
>
> > All JNLP links behave the same. Try this one for
> > example:
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorialJWS/uiswing/learn/ex6/CelsiusConverter.jnlp
> >
> Works fine with Chrome on Rawhide. (Icedtea-plugin)
> google-chrome-stable-5.0.375.55-47796.x86_64

Mmmh... that's a good sign. Or not ;-) I just have to figure what's wrong
with my setup now.

> Havn't got Nautilus so can'tt test there.
> But is it chrome you want to open it, through  Nautilus?

Sorry, I should have made it clearer. Nautilus is GNOME's file manager. My
goal is to open JNLP files through Chrome, I just mentioned nautilus because
I thought that Chrome sees gedit as the preferred application for JNLP files
because nautilus also does it, so if I could fix this maybe I would fix
both.

Regards,

Andre