Evolution oddities in F13

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Sun Jun 6 01:08:44 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 19:33 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>  Ctrl-A does not select all visible messages.  In fact, it does
> nothing.

For me, I have to press Ctrl-A twice for some reason. (Odd, certainly;
but since I almost never use the "select all" functionality, it doesn't
bother me.)

> * The first message selected in a window doesn't change status from
> unread to read until I change it by hand.

Works for me(tm). Check your Mail Preferences, and ensure that the "Mark
messages as read after ___ seconds" option is enabled and tuned to your
desired time.

> * If I report a message as spam, it used to disappear from the window.
> I assume it was marked as junk at the same time.  But now, it stays
> visible and I have to delete it or mark it junk by hand.

Which junk filter are you using? When I upgraded my laptop, I had to
manually install the evolution-bogofilter package and enable it in
Evolution's mail preferences.

Hope that helps.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter at thecodergeek.com>