gtk stock icons missing

Marius Feraru altblue at n0i.net
Sun Jun 6 02:46:25 UTC 2010

N James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't know if this is a fedora problem or a gtk one...
Neither, just your typo, the stock id is "gtk-close".
Other languages may let you interchange "-" and "_", C API doesn't.
You should have noticed button's label was coerced into "gtkclose",
instead your locale's representation for "Close".
Compile and run it again after:
$ sed -i s/gtk_close/gtk-close/ stock.c

> It seems that gtk can't find the directory with the images. The files
> needed seem to be in /usr/share/icons/gnome and show up in the gtk-demo
> program. However, Glade buttons selected from stock do not have the
> icons either.
Activating /desktop/gnome/interface/buttons_have_icons could help:
$ gconftool-2 -s /desktop/gnome/interface/buttons_have_icons -t bool 1