Looking for multi-DVD spanning archiver

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 11:53:23 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage
<dsavage at peaknet.net> wrote:
> 'discspan', a Python script suggested by Richard Shaw, appears to fill
> the bill very nicely. Unfortunately it just crapped out after burning
> the first DVD-R on an RHEL5 server actually hosting the .../Everything
> directory. I'm about to retry from an F13 laptop and an NFS/autofs link.
> If it successfully gets past the disc #1 to #2 transition under F13, it
> should finish after 14 DVD-R discs.
>
> I'll let you know in a few hours.

Yeah, the last time I used it was under F11 and it worked fine. I'm
trying it now on my F13 desktop and it's having trouble finding my dvd
burner even when I specify /dev/sr0. It looks like it hasn't been
maintained in quite some time. I wonder if there's a python guru in
the house that would be willing?

Richard