[F13, Nvidia] Nvidia drivers for Nvidia GF FX5200

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 04:39:05 UTC 2010

--- On Sun, 6/6/10, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> From: Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com>
> Subject: Re: [F13, Nvidia] Nvidia drivers for Nvidia GF FX5200
> To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Date: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 9:01 PM
> On 06/06/2010 01:49 PM, Boris Glawe
> wrote:
> > Do you know, whether it's not there yet, or does
> rpmfusion not provide
> > any old versions of the graphic card any more?
> >

> It's not rpmfusion at fault. nVidia has not provided a
> X.org 1.8 driver
> for the 5 series and older card generations. You will need
> to use the
> open source driver, which should function rather well.
>

> --

I support your statement.  Read it in a review of Fedora 13.

I read it here:

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/Rock-it-What-s-new-in-Fedora-13-1006388.html

<quote>
X.org's X Server version 1.8.0, which was released in early April, is responsible for displaying the graphical user interface. Some of the proprietary graphics drivers, which are, as usual, not included in Fedora, don't co-operate with this version -- for example's NVIDIA's Legacy driver for older GeForce graphics cards. NVIDIA's current Linux driver, on the other hand, is compatible and available to install manually from add-on repositories such as RPM Fusion
</quote>

Hope this clears this situation.

Regards,

Antonio