Fedora 12 Cups and Canon IP3000 from command line

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Mon Jun 7 10:49:04 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 16:10 -0500, Javier Perez wrote:
> I messed a little to be able to go into the administration menus from
> another computer in the network. (Allow other_pc:631)
> Nevertheless after I configure everything I cannot see it nor
> recognize it from the network although it is supposed to be shared.

First, make sure you can actually print locally from the server (just
'lp /etc/fstab' or something).

If that works fine, the problem is with sharing the queue.  Perhaps use
the printing troubleshooter on the other computer, presuming it uses
system-config-printer (several distributions do).  Help->Troubleshoot
from the system-config-printer menu bar.

Tim.
*/