Monitor disconnects (?) in F13

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:31:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 12:15 -0400, Gregory Woodbury wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>         On Sun, 2010-05-30 at 22:05 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>         > Patrick O'Callaghan writes:
>         >
>         > > The only recourse seems to be a hard reset as there's no
>         reaction to the
>         > > keyboard or mouse. I haven't yet tried ssh from another
>         machine to poke
>         > > around. If anyone tells me what to look for I'll be happy
>         to do it next
>         > > time.
>         >
>         > Try the ssh. This sounds like a kernel crash.
>

>         It happened again so I tried the ssh. I was able to log in and
>         everything seemed to be still running, including my usual GUI
>         apps (I
>         use KDE). Killing kdm, killing X and doing 'init 3' all had no
>         effect.
>         It's as if the monitor is physically disconnected (or the
>         video driver
>         is dead). I had to reboot. I'm going to report it to BZ.
>
> I'm having similar problems, what is the Bugzilla number?

I've been waiting for it to happen again so I can back up my report with
actual data, including /var/log/messages, /var/log/Xorg.*, dmesg output,
lsmod output etc. However the bug doesn't want to collaborate and is now
in hiding. I've turned off power-saving and the screen-saver, and it
hasn't happened again, which may be a clue in itself, but if you can
provide the above data, create the BZ entry and report it here so others
can add comments.

poc