[F13, Nvidia] Nvidia drivers for Nvidia GF FX5200

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Jun 7 20:51:03 UTC 2010

Boris Glawe wrote:
> Do you have any hints/links about how to speed up nouveau? Maybe any Options in /etc/X11/xorg.conf that enable some hardware accelarations? Btw. I'm not talking about 3D accelaration but 2D.

I do not, and most likely there are no xorg.conf settings to add/modify.
xorg.conf should be considered deprecated. If you require a xorg.conf it
should be considered a bug.

A 5200FX is not very fast to begin with. I used to run one in a work
machine. I've since banned the lowest tier cards from my future
purchases. They aren't saving you any money when you can't be productive!