FlashPlayer-10.1.X86_64 RPM ?

Patrick Bartek bartek047 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 23:36:32 UTC 2010

--- On Mon, 6/7/10, Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> FC12/KDE
>
> Is there a Flashplayer-10.1-x86_64 RPM out there ?

Not that I've found.  So, probably, no.

> Adobe has the Flashplayer-10.1.tar.gz but it won't work on
> X86_64 .

That's the 32-bit one.  You can try wrapping (ndiswrapper???) it to run on a 64-bit browser, but that option for me never worked any better than using the most current 64-bit Alpha--10.0 R45--which was release in Feb 2010.  As far as I know, there is no 64-bit version of 10.1 for any OS.

This is were I check periodically:

   http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/64bit.html

> I know all about the Buggy FlashPlayer-10.0-x86_64 RPM

The 32-bit "final release" ones whether for Linux, Windows or Mac don't seem to be any less buggy either.  It seems to be the nature of the beast.  Maybe, Steve Jobs is right about Flash. ;-)