Wireless T61 Problem

Ray Curtis ray at ccux.com
Tue Jun 8 18:19:43 UTC 2010

On 06/08/2010 03:36 AM, mike cloaked wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 2:49 AM, Ray Curtis<ray at ccux.com>  wrote:

>>>      What is the output of
>>>
>>>      /etc/init.d/network status
>>>      /etc/init.d/NetworkManager status
>>>

>> [root at daffy:/root]/% /etc/init.d/network status
>> Configured devices:
>> lo eth0 wlan0
>> Currently active devices:
>> lo eth0 wlan0
>>
>> [root at daffy:/root]/% /etc/init.d/NetworkManager status
>> NetworkManager (pid  1261) is running...
>>
> That could be a problem - if you have both network and NetworkManager
> running at the same time I believe that they will conflict with each
> other.
>
> Stop the network service and see if NetworkManager then runs better on
> its own....

Not sure I understand what you mean, of course no network daemon, only a
NetworkManager daemon.
This thing is very strange, getting a ethernet connection is no problem
at all but wireless has proven to
be a bear.
I must be missing something simple with wireless, this is the first time
I have tried it on this machine.

Thanks,

--
Ray Curtis