Strange message from yum.

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 21:01:51 UTC 2010

Rahul,

Thanks for your response.

I have used rpmforge to get other rpm's that are not available on the fedora core repositories. I just added it 2 or so days ago but haven't installed anything from it yet. I don't know if it's part of the problem or not.

This problem just started happening last night. I have updated all the other packages individually since "yum update" fails when the openoffice pkg is in the mix. There is an error somewhere in the "code". I would like to point that out and get my system operational... To help the cause as it were.

Are you suggesting a binary search on what/where the breakage is?

Regards,

George...

"It's not what you know that hurts you, It's what you know that ain't so." Wil Rogers