system-monitor applet does'nt show disk usage info

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jun 10 04:17:58 UTC 2010

chenh wrote:
> I've selected the network in system-monitor applet, but it only shows
> black box, I've tried updating avast! to watch what happen, it remains
> black. Is there someone can help? Thanks :)

Your intent is confused, the subject says "disk" which I agree doesn't reflect
what's happening and may miss 99% of what iostat shows, your text says "network"
which is unlikely to show disk activity.

In the case of network, mine works, in the case of disk, only shows some
activity, looks like it may be monitoring things at the filesystem not the devices.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>