Help required

Pallav Jain b330bkn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 11:57:19 UTC 2010

thx for the method you give. but my simple doubt is that:

if i append those extra lines at the end of the file /boot/grub/menu.lst ,
is it okay even if the contents of that file (menu.lst) are not those as
written on the website, which says to append only after searching the
string:

## password ['--md5'] passwd
  # If used in the first section of a menu file, disable all interactive
editing
  # control (menu entry editor and command-line) and entries protected by
the
  # command 'lock'

which is not the case for my menu.lst file, as these contents are missing
there so even then i go for that one also?
thx