Seeking a grep-like script

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jun 10 13:26:37 UTC 2010

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm looking for a grep-like script that searches for a given word,
> and returns the paragraphs in which it appears (rather than the lines),
> where a paragraph is defined as the material between 2 blank lines.
>
> All suggestions gratefully received.

It would be relatively easy to do in perl, suggested logic is to read in a
paragraph, check for the word, print if found. Only takes a few lines of code.

If by "looking for" you mean finding a script which does you what you want, I
don't know where you find it, it's a bit trivial to bother to save.

Sample attached.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>