F13 Firefox Crashing the system

Dale J. Chatham dale at chatham.org
Thu Jun 10 16:12:48 UTC 2010

Will do.  However, I started FF with a new session, tossing the old one
and the problem has not repeated.

When it was crashing, I could run FF for 2 - 3 minutes before it locked
the system.  The system was totally unresponsive.  No mouse cursor
movement, Ctl-Alt-F2, etc., did not work.  Ctl-Alt-BS did not work.
Only reset.

When it was crashing, I ran top and the top process was java, with its
PPID nspluginswrapper.  Obviously, 64 bit FF.

It's been solid since.

--
Our peculiar security is in the possession of a written Constitution.
Let us not make it a blank paper by construction."

    --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Wilson Nicholas, 1803

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
  -- Ed Howdershelt (Author)