FC13 as a VM

Dale J. Chatham dale at chatham.org
Thu Jun 10 16:50:31 UTC 2010

I'm finding KVM VMs desktop painfully jerky.  It's bad enough at
800x600, but at 1600 x 1100 (or whatever the res is) as all but
unusable.  When I ran vmware the performance was quite good.

Are there any obvious gotchas, is there a better pick than KVM or should
I just go back to vmware server?  BTW, blackbox was pretty decent, too,
but it used Zen and I've not seen Zen kernels distributed.

--
Our peculiar security is in the possession of a written Constitution.
Let us not make it a blank paper by construction."

    --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Wilson Nicholas, 1803

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
  -- Ed Howdershelt (Author)