firefox bookmarks really slow?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 19:58:20 UTC 2010

I have always run with the bookmarks shown in the sidebar
in firefox. I have started noticing an annoying delay
when I click on one of them. If I make a web page with
the same links and click in the web page, I get instant
response. If I click on a bookmark in the sidebar, I
get a second or so delay before it does anything.

I also notice the new firefox 3.6.3 has annoying tooltips
that popup for sidebar bookmark items if you hover over
them, and I strongly suspect a correlation between the
hover times and timeouts for tooltips and the delay for
responding to a mouse click.

Anyone else noticed this?