Skype

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Fri Jun 11 03:26:44 UTC 2010

stan kirjoitti torstai, 10. kesäkuuta 2010 22:49:41:

> You can install the pulseaudio volume control (pavuctl?).  In
that
> control you can disable one of the devices in the configuration
tab and
> then alsa has it.
> Gnome: Applications -> Sound and Video -> Mixers -> pulse
audio volume
> control
>
> Set a device to off, pulseaudio will ignore it from then on.
>
> You have to access it in alsamixer using the card option,
> alsamixer -c<number of card>

Using Kde, maybe there's the problem. If I install pavu, at first
use it crash and skype is unusable and loud another thing is
unusable.
This has to be some kde related, because in Kmix there's just
volume controlls both cards, nothing else. But when I force
remove pulseaudeio, I get all controlls into Kmix back. And
ofcource then I can select in Skype, which card I use.

But the problem is, that this .81 version of skype, mic input is no
worky, or better say, if I make testcall and listen it, there's
playback like in low motion films. But in .47 version it worked OK.

Jarmo