battery botched f11 to f12 upgrade (macppc-ibookG4)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 11 08:23:00 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 22:45 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:
> Haven't done it with the rpm command, but when I'm doing a rm on a
> list, I tend to just use a GUI editor and paste rm in front of the
> file names. That way I don't have a loop that I have to test with
> dry-run sytax.

Sidestepping the fact that you don't don't rm packages, but rpm -e them,
you will need to remove several packages simultaneously, because of
dependency issues.

i.e. you wouldn't do

 rpm -e package-one
 rpm -e package-two
 rpm -e package-three

When one package is a dependency for another, you'd have to do

 rpm -e package-one package-two package-three

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.