HCL

Kwan Lowe kwan at digitalhermit.com
Fri Jun 11 14:18:20 UTC 2010

Hello All:
   I am about to build out a physical Fedora system on an existing
laptop. Up to now all my installations have been within VMWare, Xen or
KVM. I found the HCL (Hardware Compatibility List), but it is very
much dated and largely unpopulated. I seem to recall a process some
time ago where hardware profiles could be uploaded and their level of
support ranked (e.g., "doesn't work", "works with issues", all the way
to "works flawlessly"). Anyone have a Google spell or a URL for this
project?  I'm considering purchasing a new, low-end laptop for this
project and definitely need wireless, dual monitor output in all modes
(laptop screen and monitor in mirrored display and xinerama), and
camera/mic.  The issue I'm confronting is that the low-end laptops do
not always list their components so I need to go by specific model
names.

Thanks,
Kwan