Mounting KVM image

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 19:45:39 UTC 2010

Hi,

>> Another option is guestfish: http://libguestfs.org/

I have to migrate the image to a remote system because I don't have
all the tools there to run this. Do you know if guestfish requires a
kvm kernel and processor, or can it be done with an older processor?
When I try and mount the image, I see this:

# guestfish -a systmp-img.img -m /dev/hda1 /bin/ls
open /dev/kvm: No such file or directory
Could not initialize KVM, will disable KVM support
libguestfs: error: mount_options: mount_options_stub: /dev/hda1: No
such file or directory

I suspect it's because the processor isn't kvm-capable, but it allowed
me to install and upgrade all the necessary packages...

> Still another is to add it as a additional disk to some
> other virtual machine and get to it that way (which
> may be what guestfish does internally - I've never
> been sure).

This might also be a good idea. How would I go about this?

Thanks,
Alex