Mounting KVM image

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Jun 12 20:44:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 01:13:15PM -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 19:11 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > Greg, I'd be really interested to talk to you (offline if you like)
> > about whether libguestfs could meet your needs here.
>
> Possibly it could, but it is not an available package on CentOS. I am
> trying to do this with available tools so that I don't have to maintain
> anything on the host OS that is not available in the normal repos.

Greg, have you got EPEL installed?  We have a pretty recent version of
libguestfs and the tools in epel-testing.  By "pretty recent" I mean
not more than 5 days :-) from the stable branch:

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libguestfs-1.2.9-1.el5.1

We also have a version in RHEL 5 for existing RHEL customers, and
libguestfs will be a generally available package in RHEL 6.

Negative feedback is also useful -- eg. if you couldn't use it because
it didn't work or didn't have some feature that you need.

Rich.