Now I am really curious about Flash 10.1 uses 90%+ CPU

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Jun 12 23:42:27 UTC 2010

Hi;

I responded to the thread entitled "Flash 10.1 uses 90%+ CPU" by saying:
        "In any case, I get the same problem you describe when I simply
        do a restart after installation.  I have found, on the other
        had, that if I do a full shutdown and a cold boot my CPU and
        Memory utilization drops back to normal."

The OP tried and it did not help him solve his problem.

The re-booting solution has not been an one-off thing that might have
worked by accident.  I have been using it through at least 2 Fedora
versions and probably 10-15 upgrades.  After a simple re-start my
Firefox shoots up to about 90% CPU usage and shows 100% memory use.
When I close down and reboot, FireFox drops to 0% to 10% usage with less
than 50% memory usage.

I have an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with 2 Gb memory.

Why would rebooting vs restarting make a difference?  Any suggestions?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28