F13: Goes to sleep unwanted.

John P. Hartmann jphartmann at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 13:53:31 UTC 2010

Subject system is used as a server, so the intent is to be headless.
If nothing is logged in on the console, the system goes to sleep after
a short while.  If I log in on the terminal and leave it there, it
usually stays running, but it does suspend to disk every so often.

This interferes with work the server should perform.

Initially, it tried to hibernate, from which it could not wake, so I
had no indication of what was going on.  I've disabled in the boot
parameters:   acpi=off noapic.

So how do I stop it from spinning down?  If the desktop goes in the
process, that is fine.

If someone has a list of stuff to disable in a fedora server, I'd much
appreciate being told.

Thanks,

   j.