Adobe (Temporarily?) Kills 64-Bit Flash For Linux

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 14 18:13:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 08:32 -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> By that time, if Adobe is true to form, HTML5 will be fully
> implemented and out for two years, and there'll be no need Flash
> anymore. ;-)  Praise the day!

Wishful thinking, because all the pre-existing sites full of Flash will
not be converted for you.

Though I agree with the sentiment, it would be good to do without the
unnecessary use of Flash.  However I don't see the replacement doing
away with encumbered data formats, ogg theora got dropped as the
multi-media format.  We're likely to have yet another encumbered format
foisted upon everyone, as everyone knows that everyone uses Windows,
with a few Mac users, all of which will get a licensed player...

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.