upgrading webcam....and pulseaudio

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 18:23:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 20:05:05 +0200
antonio montagnani wrote:

> If webcam is connected to an USB portafter start-up, system seems to
> work properly.
> Any suggestion, any bug to file???

I've always had to create a modprobe.d config file to force the
order of audio device assignment to be consistent regardless of
what is plugged or unplugged at boot time. My
/etc/modprobe.d/usbmic.conf file looks like:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel index=0
options and-card-0 index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-ca0106
options snd-ca0106 index=1
options snd-card-1 index=1
alias snd-card-2 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=2
options and-card-2 index=2

(which, not that I look at it doesn't necessarily make any
sense, but for some reason it seems to work. I have a feeling
that those "and-card" entries are typos and should be "snd-card" :-).