Klipper search box doesn't disappear

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 02:30:51 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On 06/15/2010 07:00 AM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> > More fun with Klipper!
> >
> > Just as it used to do before, most of the time, it's impossible to
> > paste in gedit unless the first entry is reselected.
> >
> > In OOo, either using the middle mouse button or CTRL + V, what appears
> > are a empty spaces or ^^^^ ^^^^^^^  ^^^^^
> >
> > Please don't tell me I'm a ranter. I know. I know that no Klipper
> > developer uses OOo and no OOo developer uses Klipper. I'm the only one.
> Even though using klipper, a KDE application, is a bit unusual in Gnome
> I gave it a try....
>
> Able to close search box by simply clicking anywhere else on the desktop.

Not here. You're really sure that if you select something after you made teh
search it will appear at the top of the list?

> Always able to select and paste any entry in gedit.
> No problems whatsoever pasting into OpenOffice application

More on this in my Answer to Rahul.

> All this on a fully updated F13 system.

I use fedora 12 fully updated... except the last update.

I hope you realise that, despite nothing works on your system like on mine,
I really appreciate your answer. From there I made other tests.