iPod touch and F13?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Jun 15 04:44:46 UTC 2010

Andre Costa wrote:
> I just tried plugging my iPod touch on F13, and to my surprise, it
> did appear on rhythmbox (as advertised on the release notes).
> However, even though it offers a "create new playlist" option on the
> iPod popup menu and allows me to drag songs to the iPod (it even
> says it is transferring the files), lists aren't created, and songs
> don't show on the iPod.
>
> Is there any additional configuration I need to do? Any additional
> app? Or is it still read-only support?

I'm not up on all the steps needed, but if you've never written to the
iPod touch with iTunes, you either need to do so or visit
http://ihash.marcansoft.com/ to generate a file needed for libgpod
using tools (gtkpod, rhythmbox, amarok, etc.) to write a valid
iTunesDB to the device.

There are three ways to get something done: do it yourself, hire
someone, or forbid your kids to do it.
    -- Monta Crane